Question Psalm 139:23-24 This was written by King David, the consummate Renaissance Man of the Old Testament. This phrase is not used much in today’s culture of specialization, but it is used of those who do a number of things well. That was David – son; brother; shepherd; killer of lions, bears and Goliath; musician; poet; warrior; servant to King Saul; and ultimately, King of all Israel. Other than perhaps Moses, there is no greater leader in the Old Testament. That said, David also has a few serious flaws. He was an adulterer and a murderer (read the full story in 2 Samuel 11-12). How could a man who wrote large portions of Psalms, a king, and a man after God’s own heart (see Acts 13.22) do these things? Quite simply, as Dr. Richard D. Dobbins put it, “there is good in the worst of us and bad in the best of us.” This week, we look at biblical manhood. What does it take to grow a man with the following characteristics? – kind, gentle, sensitive, strong, masculine, humble, patient, godly… It takes nothing less than that man laying himself before God, on a daily basis, in complete surrender to the Lordship of Christ in every area of his life – marriage, fatherhood, sexuality, vocation, emotions, etc. If you are a man reading this just now, reread the italicized lines just above. Evaluate yourself honestly. Are you laying yourself before God, on a daily basis, in complete surrender to the Lordship of Christ in every area of your life? If you are female and reading this, are the important men in your life (father, boyfriend, husband, son) doing this? Be honest with yourself as you ask this question. As a man, chances are, you either have, or will, fail. When you do, run to Jesus, lay yourself at His feet, confess, repent, and then ask Him to help you reestablish healthy boundaries, and then get up, and walk in the forgiveness and help of Jesus Himself, knowing that He loves you, and wants to use you in His service. In sum, be a man of honor, for Christ and His Bride, the Church. Think on these things…
JC week 1 devotional
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.