Question Objective: Articulate how the Medical Model and Biopsychosocial Approach have changed perspectives related to mental health and describe common psychological disorders. As a result of the sin nature of humankind, disease and illness are part of life. Psychological disorders are indicative of dysfunctional or maladaptive coping that impact an individual’s cognition, emotion regulation, and/or behavior. Mental health issues are not always considered medical conditions and society often views them in a negative context. Raising awareness to the validity of psychological disorders will help change mindsets of society as well as the medical profession. Should psychological disorders be viewed any differently than physical disorders? As we learned in the first week, psychology is a science. It is important to reiterate the importance of psychological research as we discuss mental health. Personal assumptions and bias often fuel misunderstanding of psychological disorders and create unnecessary stigma. Do you see some recurring themes throughout this course and how they interconnect with each other? Instructions Watch Psychological disorders: Crash course psychology #28 Watch Psychological research: Crash course psychology #2 Read Chapter 13 in your textbook. Read Chapter 14: with a focus on pp. 436-438 and Table 14.3 on p.437. Read Abnormal psychology Compare and contrast the Medical Model and Biopsychosocial Approach in treating mental health issues. Be sure to address their potential strengths and weaknesses. (approximately 3- 5 sentences) Research a peer-reviewed article on a psychological order of your choice and formulate a one-paragraph summary of the article. In another paragraph, share why you selected this article and select a treatment strategy that you feel would be appropriate. Make sure that your selected strategy promotes resilience as noted on pp. 436-438 of the textbook. Use Discovery Services for your research. Simply Psychology is not an acceptable source. (approximately 7-10 sentences) How have your previous assumptions been challenged by learning more about mental health? Share one way that you feel that mental health issues are still stigmatized today and provide a possible solution for overcoming this stigma. (approximately 3-5 sentences) Feel free to integrate pertinent scripture. Cite the textbook, scholarly article, and any other sources cited for this discussion. You need in-text citation as well as a full APA citation at the end of your post. Provide your initial post by Day 4 and replies to fellow students by Day 7 in the discussion forum titled Psychological Disorders Discussion Read Full Question
PSYCHOLOGICAL DISORDERS DISCUSSION
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.