Objectivity is a concept which is non-existing in reality. That is, an objective point of view simply does not exist. Our ignorance of the fact does not nullify its existence. The introduction of bias is almost unavoidable. The mere fact that individuals are “historically, politically, economically, and socially” situated coupled with the transmittal of communicative messages along with a particular medium and in a context, introduces a bias in the message (Rhetorica, n.pag.). Journalism practices have few of their own intrinsic biases which are present structurally. The author prefers to refer to them as frames because they literally frame the messages that are presented through news media, the television. It is the presence of these biases which influence the messages to be presented in a certain way. The author lists various biases that shape the news on the television. The first and foremost is the mere fact that most news channels are businesses focused on making money. This form of capitalism and money-centred attitude affects their choices such that they are motivated to deliver only those products, services, or messages that are desirable by the consumers in terms of maximizing profits. Such an inclusion simply points towards a logical fact which is why the author makes use of logical rhetoric in order to convince the readers that news media agencies do, in fact, introduce biases due to their structural infrastructure.
(Solved): Hi, I am looking for someone to …
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.