Jones, a New York building inspector who accepts bribes from developers is charged with violating the New York official misconduct statute. His trial in state court results in an acquittal. Smith, another building inspector who also accepts bribes, is later charged with official misconduct under the same statute, but the trial court dismisses the case because the prosecution is barred by the New York statute of limitations. A year later, a federal grand jury indicts Jones and Smith for violating Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO), citing only violations of the New York official misconduct statute as predicate crimes. Does the RICO indictment properly allege offenses that are chargeable and punishable under New York law? Compare: United States v. Davis, 576 F.2d 1065 (3d Cir. 1978), and United States v. Frumento, 563 F.2d 1083 (3d Cir. 1977), and Von Bulow v. Von Bulow, 634 F. Supp. 1284 (S.D.N.Y. 1986), with United States v. Louie, 625 F.Supp.1327 (S.D.N.Y. 1985).
(Solved): Jones, a New York building inspe…
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.