This revolves around ethical issues on patient information disclosure and “exceptions to the rule” so to speak, in which the physician can forego their Hippocratic Oath and disclose an HIV patient’s condition to third parties concerned. This showed that risks to the general population apparently weighs heavier that it becomes acceptable to forego patient confidentiality, mirrored in this statement: “protective privilege ends where the public peril begins” (21), as mentioned Mehta and Padickakudi when they made an example of the Tarasoff case in which the physician was liable due to nondisclosure of the patient’s wish to inflict harm to another. However it is suffice to ask, where is the line drawn on the disclosure to the public? Additional information on benefits that disclosure provides was mentioned, which further strengthens the argument on the importance of foregoing patient confidentiality in HIV cases. There was however, a lack in the information which tackles the risks involved in public disclosure and shows where the writers are leaning as to. It is vital to show the effect that disclosure of confidential information to the public has to the patient’s psyche. Though the article lacked this vital information, it mentioned several ways in which the physician can address the patient’s wish for confidentiality and the disclosure to his wife about his condition by providing proper information and education to the patient in order for him to decide to do the disclosure himself (Mehta and Packikudi 23). These approaches may aid a physician in making decision on disclosure of a patient’s condition.
(Solved): Need an research paper on critiq…
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.