The production of agricultural products like wheat is one of the few examples of a perfectly competitive industry. In this question, we analyze results from a study released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture about wheat production in the United States in 2016.a. The average variable cost per acre planted with wheat was $115 per acre. Assuming a yield of 44 bushels per acre, calculate the average variable cost per bushel of wheat.b. The average price of wheat received by a farmer in 2016 was $4.89 per bushel. Do you think the average farm would have exited the industry in the short run? Explain.c. With a yield of 44 bushels of wheat per acre, the average total cost per farm was $7.71 per bushel. The harvested acreage for wheat in the United States decreased from 48.8 million acres in 2013 to 43.9 million acres in 2016. Using the information on prices and costs here and in parts a and b, explain why this might have happened.d. Using the above information, what do you think will happen to wheat production and prices after 2016?
The production of agricultural products like wheat is one of the few examples of a perfectly competitive industry. In this question, we analyze”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.