Until 2012, California, Pennsylvania, and Texas required firms to collect sales taxes for online sales only if the chain had a physical presence (a “brick” store as opposed to a “click” store) in those states. Thus, those states collected taxes on Best Buy’s online sales, because it had stores in each of those states,but they did not collect taxes from Amazon.com because it did not have physical locations in those states. Starting in 2012, Amazon had to pay taxes in these states. According to Baugh et al. (2015), consumers living in states that collected sales tax during checkout reduced Amazon purchases by 11%. After the tax was imposed on Amazon, Best Buy had a 4% to 6% increase in its online sales in those states relative to the rest of the chain (http://www.bizjournals. com/twincities/news/2013/01/11/best-buys-onlinesales- up-in-states.html). Use an indifference curve– budget line diagram to show why Best Buy’s sales rose after taxes were imposed on Amazon. (Start by drawing a typical consumer’s indifference curve between buying a good from Amazon or from Best Buy.)
Until 2012, California, Pennsylvania, and Texas required firms to collect sales taxes for online sales only if the chain had a physical presence (a”
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.