Question Objective 1: Examine how unique cultural considerations are necessary in determining best practices and abiding by ethical guidelines when working with diverse groups. It is impossible to have a complete understanding of all unique cultural rules, values, and norms with which clients may come to the table. However, it is our ethical obligation as professionals to seek understanding when comprehension of how these norms and values affect client behavior and attitudes is absent or lacking. The following activity will allow you to practice the skill of recognizing how clients bring unique viewpoints, and how we as professionals may need to deviate from standard practice to acknowledge these differences and more effectively and ethically serve the client. Review Chapter 4 of your textbook. The table below is taken from Exercise 4.1 of the readings. The first row serves as an example of how you will complete the table. Copy and paste the table below into a separate word document and fill in the remaining boxes. Issue Mainstream Human Service Position Client Description Multicultural Consideration Example Establishing as a goal of counseling to increase the client’s assertiveness Human services value autonomy and the right to self-determination, thus this would, could be a legitimate goal A 43-year-old female from South Asia The culture emphasizes finding meaning in group solidarity and relationship, de-emphasizing individualism and individual uniqueness Use of “smacking” and spanking in child rearing A Dominican Single mother who values the development of “respeto” in her 8-year-old child Physical contact (hugging) between a clinician and a client A 61-year-old Arab male Eye contact between the therapist and client A 23-year-old female from China, currently enrolled in a clinical psychology graduate program and receiving supervision in her internship Hallucinogen Intoxication A 27-year-old member of a Native American Church Dependent-attachment behaviors A 31-year-old Japanese female expressing a need for intense interpersonal attachment (hint: check the concept of “amae”) Bibliotherapy A school counselor working with a second-grade Puerto Rican male having difficulty controlling aggressive impulses (hint: the value of “cuentos”) Concept of “time” A 25-year-old Latino male with a weekly appointment with a clinical psychologist As this assignment requires integration of academic thought and materials, please include an APA formatted reference for your text and/or any other resources used. All written assignments should be formatted using APA. For the current OCU APA Template, click the Student Toolkit in the top navigation bar and view the APA: Citation and Formatting Help page. Submissions No submissions yet. Drag and drop to upload your assignment below. Read Full Question
values assumptions and bias
by | Mar 12, 2022 | Uncategorized
We offer the best custom paper writing services. We have done this question before, we can also do it for you.
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How It Works
- Click on the “Place Your Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “PREVIEW” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.